Mining Innovation, Rehabilitation, and Applied Research Corporation
Has been providing innovative solutions for mining industry challenges since 1998.
A not-for-profit research arm of Laurentian University, Canada’s Mining University.
Team of talented academic and industry professionals
Message from the President
For over 20 years, MIRARCO has been a leader in the development and deployment of innovative solutions responding to the needs of the mining industry. MIRARCO has built a strong reputation and will continue to move in a positive trajectory as being a conduit for applied research; taking discoveries from the bench to the mine and into communities. Working collaboratively with industry, private sector, government, academia, and community stakeholders has been an essential ingredient in providing effective transfer of knowledge, technology, and sustainable practices.
MIRARCO will continue to build on our internationally recognized expertise across the mining life cycle, and help support a resilient network and pipeline of highly qualified personnel. Innovation is a collective effort, and we are here to work together to shape the future of mining in our changing world.
We are the innovative research partner of choice for mining and related industries.
A research organization that develops innovative technologies, applied solutions, and highly qualified individuals in support of a safe, productive, and sustainable global mining industry.
Innovation, Collaboration, Responsiveness, and Social Responsibility.
Celebrating 20 years of achievements and success in mining research and innovation.
MIRARCO is engaged in five core research domains:
Being a pilot-scale facility equipped with tools and expertise to accelerate the commercialization of genomics-based bioremediation and bioleaching technologies.
Focuses on geohazard assessment & the mitigation of unpredictable rock behavior associated with deep underground mining.
Developing the next generation of software for mining with an emphasis on modelling and optimization.
Research focused on low carbon energy solutions for mine operations.
Addresses issues related to Safety and Risk Management in the mining industry.
Board of Directors
- Bob Rappolt, VP, Mining global business development and projects, Stantec
- Dr. Fred Delabbio, Co-Chair, President of Strategy Focused Innovation (SFI)
- Glenn Thibeault, G.E.T Strategy Consulting Services / Principal/Founder
- James Simmons, Partner, Weaver Simmons
- Jon Gill, Director, Agnico Eagle
- Jonathan Goodman, Director, President & CEO Dundee Corporation. Chairman of the Goodman School of Mines Advisory Board
- Dr. Laeeque Daneshmend,
- Leo Gerard, Director/HR, International President, USW
- Luke Mahony, Co-Chair, Vale – Head of Geology, Mine Engineering, Geotechnical, Technology & Innovation
- Michael O’Shaughnessy, Vice President, Marketing and Logistics, Coal at Teck Resources Limited
- Michel Piché, Interim Vice-President, Finance and Administration, Laurentian University
- Michelle Ash, CEO, Executive and Board Member, Oz Minerals
- Dr. Nadia Mykytczuk, President/CEO, MIRARCO Mining Innovation
- Patricia Boeg-Jensen, Mining industry advisor, Business Sweden