Mining Innovation, Rehabilitation, and Applied Research Corporation
Has been providing innovative solutions for mining industry challenges since 1998.
A not-for-profit research arm of Laurentian University, Canada’s Mining University.
Team of talented academic and industry professionals
Message from the President
MIRARCO has been at the forefront of establishing and delivering on ground-breaking solutions for the mining sector’s most challenging problems. Working collaboratively with mining companies, the private sector, consultants, and partners in industry, MIRARCO researchers are contributing to the pursuit of sustainable mining practices and to our collective global knowledge.
The calibre of MIRARCO’s internationally renowned team and the graduate students they attract are nothing short of remarkable. The breadth if the research projects undertaken and the culminating solutions over its relatively short time span are equally impressive.
We are the innovative research partner of choice for mining and related industries.
A research organization that develops innovative technologies, applied solutions, and highly qualified individuals in support of a safe, productive, and sustainable global mining industry.
Innovation, Collaboration, Responsiveness, and Social Responsibility.
Celebrating 20 years of achievements and success in mining research and innovation.
MIRARCO is engaged in four core research domains:
Research focused on low carbon energy solutions for mine operations.
Addresses issues related to Safety and Risk Management in the mining industry.
Board of Directors
- Dominic Fragomeni*, Vice-President, XPS; Consulting & Testwork
- Jennifer Abols, President/CEO, MIRARCO
- Michelle Ash, Chair GMG and CEO GEOVIA Dassault Systems
- Fred Delabbio, Director, Strategy Focused Innovation (SFI)
- Samantha Espley, President, Canadian Institute of Mining (CIM)
- Leo Gerard, International President, USW
- Jonathan Goodman, Chairman & CEO Dundee Corporation
- Michael Gribbons, Vice President at Maestro Digital Mine
- Lorella Hayes, VP Administration, Laurentian University
- Christine Kaszycki, Assistant Deputy Minister, Mines Minerals Division, MNDM
- Luke Mahoney, Vale – Head of Geology, Mine Engineering, Geotechnical, Technology & Innovation
- James Simmons, Weaver Simmons
- Michael O’Shaughnessy, Director, Teck Resources
* Chair of the MIRARCO Board of Directors.